Quilt Top Preperation
- Square and press your top as you piece it
- Be sure all pieced seams are completely sewn together, trimmed, and pressed flat. Also, if you run a 1/8th inch seam all the way around the quilt, this is helps to prevent ravel and “splitting at the seams.”
- Press seams well. Be sure the top lies flat. Ripples and “puffy” places will not necessarily quilt flat. Take care that the borders do not ripple and wave.
- The top should be free of pins and embellishments such as buttons and beads.
- Clip all loose threads. They will show through light fabrics and might damage the quilt if they “catch” during the quilting process.
- Quilt top should be trimmed down to final finished size. We will not cut or trim a quilt top.
- Use one safety pin or note to mark the top of the quilt. Quilt must be clean and free of any odors.
- The quilt top must lay flat. Measure your quilt top across the top, bottom, and at the center. These three measurements should be the same. If not there is a possibility that there will be puckers in your finished quilt.
Preparation for Submition – Thread Colors
– All 3 Layers (Top, Batting & Backing) will be mounted on the machine separately. Do not stitch or baste them together.
– The batting should measure at least 4 inches longer and 4 inches wider than your quilt top. (see below)
– The backing should measure at least 8 inches longer and 8 inches wider than your quilt top. (see below)
– Please ensure that your quilt top is square. if not square we will do our best to prevent puckering during the quilting process.
– Please stay stitch around the edge of your entire quilt top to help prevent the seams from fraying and pulling apart.
– Press all seams. open or to one side. there is an additional charge of $15 if your quilt top or backing needs pressing.
– We will not trim your quilt top, please make sure your quilt top is trimmed down to the final size.
– Quilt top should be free of any add-on’s (buttons, charms, sequins, beads)
– Trim all loose threads throughout, QUILT top and backing
– Pin a note to the top . Please identify the top of your quilt.
Place your quilt top, backing and your batting in a plastic bag for protection. put the bag in a box OR PLASTIC MAILER BAG for shipping. include the completed order form. usps, ups or fedex stores will have assorted boxes OR BAGS available.
Please do not forget to PROVIDE your contact information on the order form and to include it in the box!
Attn: Marsha Dowell
5 14 Smith Ave
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
You will receive an email confirmation upon receipt of your quilt top. if you do not have an email address, we will call or send you a text message to confirm receipt.
When your package has been received, we will contact you to discuss:
– special INSTRUCTIONS.
– concerns about the condition of the quilt top, backing and batting, whether it is squared, size and condition of backing and/or batting.
– estimated final pricing.
– estimated completion date.
– method of payment – WE PROCESS ALL OUR PAYMENTS THROUGH PAYPAL.
When we finish the quilt, we will email you shipping information and at that time you may request insurance. the quilt will be returned via usps in a priority mail MAILER BAG. a shipping and insurance charge will be added to your invoice.
*Fullness Disclaimer – Fullness and/or puckers within a quilt and its borders cannot be quilted out. We can not guarantee that puckers and tucks won’t be sewn in. In some cases excessive fullness in borders may resultin the quilt corners not being square,or flared edges. The flatter your quilt top is, the better the finished quilt will be.
Copyright © 2020 Romaki Quilting